Africa Fashion Week Nigeria in partnership with Lagos Stage Government is pleased to announce for the first time ever in the history of Fashion Week in Nigeria, pre-events for the AFWN called "The Iconic Catwalk Shows" The exclusive events will take place at the National Theatre on the 1st of April, 2017 and Tinubu Square on the 2nd of April 2017.
The Iconic Catwalk pre-events for the AFWN fashion week will spotlight talented designers expressing how traditional culture brings modern spirit to fashion against the splendor of these heritage sites. The media focused events are a unique opportunity to gain insights, appreciate the beauty, versatility of the Nigerian fabrics and fashion. The events are also an opportunity for us to show the world a glimpse of our rich heritage and culture. Clothing and accessories are inseparable from culture and what better way to express this than through these iconic location events.
The Founder of the Africa Fashion Week London and Nigeria, Ms. Ronke Ademiluyi and her team are delighted to be partnering with the State Government to use some of the historical locations for the shows. These exciting events will provide a unique platform for the media to interact with the designers and the State to share its vision for the fashion and tourism industry.
The objective of AFW, based in London and Nigeria, is to create an enabling platform across the globe where creative African designers and fashion entrepreneurs can showcase the beauty and creativity of Africa through their designs and costumes. Africa Fashion Week is strongly committed to promoting and positioning African designers within the global fashion space, especially up and coming designers. AFWN is unleashing the ‘Power of Africa’ in the fashion industry. We aim to build appreciation for Africa and increase Africa fashion footprints across the globe.
Latest from Sunday
- FIRST BANK AKOWONJO BRANCH TURNS DEATH TRAP……… As about six customers drowned into a broken soak-away…..
- EFCC to arraign ex-Accountant General, Otunla, others for N2bn ONSA fraud Dec. 7... +More revealing details of his funds transfer!
- 2017 TASTE OFF FOOD FESTIVAL: What To Watch Out For At The Event……
- UBA Bags More Laurels as Group head of Marketing Wins Top Marketing Professional Award
- WICKED WILLIE: GOVERNOR OBIANO SPLASHES OVER N700 MILLION ON CAMPAIGN VEHICLES IN ONE WEEK WHILE STATE WORKERS ARE BEING OWED FOR MONTHS.