Fast rising fashion label,Betyl BAT, brain child of former City People Fashion Editor, Bola Akinboade-Bello recently styled music sensation, Uwale Okoro popularly known as Essence in her soon to be released video. She created the Angelic look for the video.
Essence dropped the new tune titled “Giving it all” on her birthday July 2014. Delta state born songstress goes deep and soulful…..It’s a beautiful tune
The video was shot by prolific video Director Frizzle of Frizzle n Bizzle films. The new song is a wake up call to ALL that we are answerable to our creator.
In her words: "The spate of recent untimely deaths and plagues that we are experiencing should bring us to the realisation that we should hold on fast to God'. While stating that she is not looking to be branded as a gospel singer, but rather a music-messenger who would sing about her convictions as they come.
On accusations by some fans that she sing songs that makes them think too deeply, instead of songs that they can dance to, Essence said, dancing won't cure Ebola neither will it take them to the next level.
"I decided to do another song that would cause more thinking because as much as dancing is therapeutic, thinking is very key."
"I dedicate this song to all who we've lost, like Goldie, Kefee, those innocent souls caught in the various bomb blasts and the missing Chiboks girls.
"It's also a song of surrender and hope that even when it might seem like all is bleak, there is light at the end of the tunnel. That indeed there is God."
Other cameo on the video shoot were Kenny Saint Brown and Tolu Meduna.
Tolu Meduna and Bola Akinboade-Bello
Kenny Saint Brown
Latest from Sunday
- FIRST BANK AKOWONJO BRANCH TURNS DEATH TRAP……… As about six customers drowned into a broken soak-away…..
- EFCC to arraign ex-Accountant General, Otunla, others for N2bn ONSA fraud Dec. 7... +More revealing details of his funds transfer!
- 2017 TASTE OFF FOOD FESTIVAL: What To Watch Out For At The Event……
- UBA Bags More Laurels as Group head of Marketing Wins Top Marketing Professional Award
- WICKED WILLIE: GOVERNOR OBIANO SPLASHES OVER N700 MILLION ON CAMPAIGN VEHICLES IN ONE WEEK WHILE STATE WORKERS ARE BEING OWED FOR MONTHS.