Sacked speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Honourable Justin Okonoboh is in fresh trouble. The new speaker, Honourable Kabiru Adjoto has slammed a three months suspension on him, his deputy, Hon. (Mrs.) Elizabeth Ativie and the former Majority Leader, Hon. Foly Ogedengbe.
Insiders told us that 19 lawmakers out of the 24 changed the leadership of the House. We gathered that on the resumption of plenary, Emmanuel Agbaje, read a letter of a vote of no confidence on the floor of the House and Hon. Sylvanus Eruaga ordered Okonoboh to vacate his seat and this led to a fight among some of the lawmakers in the chambers.
However, Okonoboh left the seat and Eruaga sat as Speaker pro tempore before Hon. Adjoto was later elected as the new Speaker after nomination by Eruaga. The Assembly workers were locked out while the impeachment lasted.
Latest from Sunday
- FIRST BANK AKOWONJO BRANCH TURNS DEATH TRAP……… As about six customers drowned into a broken soak-away…..
- EFCC to arraign ex-Accountant General, Otunla, others for N2bn ONSA fraud Dec. 7... +More revealing details of his funds transfer!
- 2017 TASTE OFF FOOD FESTIVAL: What To Watch Out For At The Event……
- UBA Bags More Laurels as Group head of Marketing Wins Top Marketing Professional Award
- WICKED WILLIE: GOVERNOR OBIANO SPLASHES OVER N700 MILLION ON CAMPAIGN VEHICLES IN ONE WEEK WHILE STATE WORKERS ARE BEING OWED FOR MONTHS.