Sacked speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Honourable Justin Okonoboh is in fresh trouble. The new speaker, Honourable Kabiru Adjoto has slammed a three months suspension on him, his deputy, Hon. (Mrs.) Elizabeth Ativie and the former Majority Leader, Hon. Foly Ogedengbe.
Insiders told us that 19 lawmakers out of the 24 changed the leadership of the House. We gathered that on the resumption of plenary, Emmanuel Agbaje, read a letter of a vote of no confidence on the floor of the House and Hon. Sylvanus Eruaga ordered Okonoboh to vacate his seat and this led to a fight among some of the lawmakers in the chambers.
However, Okonoboh left the seat and Eruaga sat as Speaker pro tempore before Hon. Adjoto was later elected as the new Speaker after nomination by Eruaga. The Assembly workers were locked out while the impeachment lasted.
Latest from Sunday
- Lights Camera Africa 2017!!! is here with RESET
- Reaction of Osun Govt to NMA’s 7-Day Strike
- Registration for 2017 QMA beauty pageant closes Sept 30 Say Florence Hungbo ------Hundreds of beautiful ladies eye brand new car, N5m cash, other prizes
- GTBank Fashion Weekend Set to Showcase “Africa’s Finest” This November
- MURPHY IJEMBA, SEAN AMADI BEG LARRY IZAMOJE FOR FORGIVENESS