Our attention has been drawn to Sunday Punch Newspaper and other online news (Sunday 27th August) report of an alleged N13billion fraud involving the Managing Director and other staff members of the bank of funds belonging to the Oyo State government.
The Management will want to categorically and unequivocally state that neither the MD – Mr. Ifie Sekibo nor any member of the management staff of the bank is being investigated by the EFCC on a N13billion fraud.
Contrary to the false report released by Sunday Punch Newspaper and other online news platforms, the EFCC had informed the bank of an account (not related to OYO state government as likewise verified by the Punch Newspaper via the State’s Finance Commissioner) being investigated by the agency. Over the last week, the bank has fully cooperated with EFCC by providing various documentation and also presented its staff in this regard.
Management finds it distasteful, unethical and unprofessional of these media houses to tarnish the image of Mr Ifie Sekibo – MD/CEO and the bank.
We urge the general public to disregard the article in its entirety.
Latest from Sunday
- FIRST BANK AKOWONJO BRANCH TURNS DEATH TRAP……… As about six customers drowned into a broken soak-away…..
- EFCC to arraign ex-Accountant General, Otunla, others for N2bn ONSA fraud Dec. 7... +More revealing details of his funds transfer!
- 2017 TASTE OFF FOOD FESTIVAL: What To Watch Out For At The Event……
- UBA Bags More Laurels as Group head of Marketing Wins Top Marketing Professional Award
- WICKED WILLIE: GOVERNOR OBIANO SPLASHES OVER N700 MILLION ON CAMPAIGN VEHICLES IN ONE WEEK WHILE STATE WORKERS ARE BEING OWED FOR MONTHS.