“The government of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola does not like strike. We consider the welfare of our people important and we take it seriously. We will do everything to improve on the welfare of the people. We appeal to our doctors to bear with us, reason with us and be considerate.
“We have laid our cards on the table; there are so many things the doctors are demanding for, two of those things bothered on payment of salaries in 2015 when they were on strike and Revised CONMES. We have held meeting with the NMA and other stakeholders. We have engaged them unofficially too. The government had been engaging the doctors since they gave 21 days ultimatum. We have told them what the government is doing and the two parties need to reach agreement. Anyway, we will continue to discuss with them. I plead with the doctors to try to understand the position of the government; they should consider the patients in the hospital. We will do everything humanly possible to resolve the issue on time. We will do our best to ensure that the strike is not prolonged. This government is serious about the welfare of the people of the state. We will do everything to reach a compromise with the NMA.
“It is on record that doctors in the State of Osun are perhaps the highest paid in the South-West states after LagoS. The government did everything to ensure the standard was maintained for as long as the finances of government were in good shape. This illustrates that the administration of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola is very”
Dr Rafiu Isamotu
Commissioner for Health
State of Osun
Latest from Sunday
- GTBank Releases 2017 Q3 Unaudited Results …. Reports Profit Before Tax of N150.03Billion
- LOOTING KING: HOW IMPEACHED DELTA SPEAKER MONDAY IGBUYA DEFRAUDS FMR AIDE OF PALTRY N12 MILLION AMIDST BILLIONS IN HIS ACCOUNT – PART 1
- UBA Emerges Best bank in support of Real Sector at Banking Awards
- DSS prevents journalists from entering courtroom as Kanu’s trial commences
- Heritage Bank’s premium customer services earn senior executives ICA awards